Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Do You Remember

...playing My Little Ponies and dolls and being called the Three Musketeers?
...your mom telling the neighbor boy that his nose wouldn't bleed so much if he would just stop picking it?
...playing house on my trampoline and pretending we were orphans, but that all the leaves were money?
...all of our family road trips in the bronco and then in the van?
...racing to the bus stop and throwing our bags in front of us just so we could be first in line?
...how I used to kick you under the table because I had a crush on you and that's how one showed affection at that age?
...making a cooking video and putting flour on our faces to make it look more authentic?
...swimming in your pool and planning our future (I would marry your brother and you would marry his friend)?
...ditching classes to walk around school and telling the principal it was for Honor's Society?
...our first kiss? 
...making mixed CD's and dancing on your table?
...our first date?
...dragging State Street and playing perdiddle?
...early morning drill team practices?
...Bear Lake in the van?
...being bed partners?
...our first clubbing experience and hiding our smokey clothes in the dorm common area?
...our many fun times we had as roommates?
...our obsession with TLC's Trading Spaces and the Disney Channel?
...how we were intimidated by each other at first but then became close friends?
...late nights studying in the library or in your office at the MTC and wishing our year of hell would end?
...how you broke my heart so bad I didn't know how I would go on?
...driving away in a cab while I'm standing on the corner and both of us bawling after saying goodbye?
...watching You've Got Mail for the millionth time so we could find out exactly where they lived and going to all the places they went to in the movie?
...study abroad in Europe - cramming 4 people into two twin beds, shopping, boys, shopping, tours, shopping?
...midnight Wendy's runs (but not really going to Wendy's and eating bread after in the kitchen and telling our roommates it's just because we only got ice cream but now we were hungry for real food - all because we didn't want them to know what we were really doing)?
...our long discussions on books and movies and weird lights on our wall until all hours of the night?
...trip to ikea to buy my new furniture in the Uhaul and needing to carry all of it up my 5 flights of stairs?
...when I did a superman trip in front of that partner while walking over to your desk at work?
...dance face?
...sitting in my new apartment on wooden folding chairs talking forever and laughing so hard?
...the time I was in the wrong bathroom?
...parties on the roof?
...getting lost in The Ramble?
...apple picking and doing some stunt work to get to the good ones at the top of the trees?
...all of our many MDK's?
...having to say goodbye?
...weekend trips to the beach or other exotic places around Costa Rica?
...our wonderful day of rebellion?
...the first time we met?
...talking late into the night about work and school and feeling lame?
...becoming friends?
...how much I love you and all the many times we've shared together and the memories we've made (those previously mentioned and SO many more)?

To all those who have made me into the person I am today: THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Kimba said...

mmm! so fun to read! remember all of those midnight chalkings?! :)

Abby said...

Oh yes, I remember Bear Lake and the van, you crazy girl!

Remember trying to make Katie say 'penis' and she wouldn't?

And those drill team practices were killer, but so much freaking fun.