I must first apologize to my friends who I talk to all the time who are reading this blog. You already know all about what I'm going to say and I'm sure you're sick of hearing me talk about it. But I'm excited about what the next couple of weeks brings so you have two options: A) stop reading now, or B) deal with it :)
However, for all my other friends reading this blog who I'm not in constant contact with, there are two things happening: 1) visiting NYC, PA & possibly VA; and 2) moving!
VACATION
On Friday night, I'm hopping on an airplane to my old home and I couldn't be more excited! I've been missing NYC since I left. I miss my friends. I miss Central Park. I miss Broadway shows. I miss walking around everywhere. I miss the freedom of being on my own. I miss...well...I miss the city!
I don't have much planned for while I'm there, but my small list includes:
* at least one Broadway show
* Shakespeare in the Park
* Good Morning America concert (Miley Cyrus is coming)
* Shopping (oh...the shopping!!!)
* Pink Berry
* Hanging out with friends
Since all my friends have to work during the day (go figure!) I'll probably spend most of my time in Central Park, shopping, going to museums, and walking around in the heat and humidity. Haha!
But my trip doesn't stop there. After spending about a week in NYC, I'm going to take a train to PA to see my favorite person! I'm only going to have a few days with Jo, but we'll make it fun (we always do!). Plus she'll be out here soon and then I'll be able to see her every day! There is also a concert in VA that Jo's friends want to go to so we might be venturing there as well. One of the many blessings of traveling by yourself and visiting friends - you can do whatever you want that comes up! I love it!
MOVING
I've moved plenty of times in my life - every year for the past 8 years actually. And when it comes down to it...moving SUCKS! I actually hate moving. All that packing, and unpacking. The expense of needing to buy new things. The hassle of it all! Ugh!
So why am I so excited this time? Well I'll tell you. It's because I've bought a house! That's right...A FREAKING HOUSE! My own permanent dwelling. I get to change my address on my checkbook and not have to worry that it's going to be different in a year. I get to paint my walls how ever I want and not have to worry about getting my landlord's permission. I can buy nice furniture that all matches and make my house into a real HOME! And the best part is - I get to share it with my best friend!
So...you're probably wondering about this house. Well, let me tell you all about it.
It's actually Chase & Kacee's house (my brother-in-law & sister). It's in Woods Cross (so I get to stay in my current ward - even though technically I'm outside the boundaries). I have friends that live just down the street from me. It's a three bedroom, three bathroom split level house. We have 3 entertainment areas (formal sitting room, middle TV room, and theater room downstairs). The kitchen is good size. There is a large crawl space downstairs that has already been lovingly termed "the love den" by my friends (inside joke). And I have a pretty good size back yard (perfect for BBQ's and laying out - that reminds me...I need to buy a grill). I can already tell it's going to become the party house - and I'm totally OK with that.
Needless to say, I'm excited for all the things happening in the next two weeks! There will be plenty of pictures to post soon! Yay!!
2 comments:
I am still so jealous that you are going to New York! I want to go so so so so so so so (ok I think that is enough) badly!
jealous of all of it! would LOVE to see new york!! and dude. your own house?! i'm weak with jealousy. some day!!!
Post a Comment