Thursday, May 6, 2010

Curse You Erickson Genes!

Well...it's come to that part of the day where I've finished the work I needed to do and all that is left is my "back-up" work. You know...that stuff that I really don't need to do until June. So I'm blogging.

Again.

Sad thing is, I've been trying to think up something to blog about since I'm in the blogging mood, but I'm having a hard time. I feel like I've blogged so freaking much lately that I have nothing left to say that isn't too private to be put on this public blog. Oh well...I'm sure I'll come up with SOMETHING.

Oh I just did!

This past week has been super stressful for me. No - it's not work. No - it's not family. It's me. I'm a worrier. It's in my nature. My family is full of worriers. That's what we do. We worry about everything - mainly things we have no control over whatsoever. I totally blame the Erickson genes for my anxiety.

So what have I been so worried about?

Well...I've had a lot on my mind lately and it only got this worse this weekend. Nope - it's not a big, life-altering decision that's got me worried. It's...well...people. That's a good way to put it. People. People have me stressed out. More specifically two people (who are going to remain anonymous as will the reason behind the worry they are causing me just in case they may be reading this blog right now).

For the past 4-5 days I haven't been able to sleep or eat due to this stress (side note: I don't mind the not eating part because it's been quite nice on my waistline hehe). I sit at work knowing that I should be working, but not able to concentrate due to the fact that my mind is full of worry (that's part of the reason I've been blogging so much lately...a little stress reliever). I also get panic attacks sporadically throughout the day where my heart begins to race and I get shaky.

That part I don't like so much.

The worry isn't helped by my complete lack of patience either. That's what I think is causing a lot of this stress actually. I'm stressed because nothing is really happening and I just want to know how it's going to end. If I could just know the end result then I wouldn't have anything to worry about. But the end is taking a long time to get here. I guess I just need a little patience and faith...and a Xanax.

No comments: