Monday, May 3, 2010

The Ward All-Star

I was called that this weekend. Me. The "new girl" (which btw I was also called and my veto power was revoked due to being the new girl...but that's another story). How did that happen? Well I'll tell you.

I've become social!

I know - crazy! The person who loved to spend her weekends curled up on her couch with her cat watching a movie by herself is now the person who wants to be doing fun things with friends every night of the week. I seriously have something every day/night this week except Thursday (which I'm working on). Woot woot!

PS - I hope you noticed the word "friends" because I officially have them - facebook confirms it. Hehe!

On Thursday, a friend from the ward called me up to go to a party. I didn't know who the party was for, but I agreed to go. It was lame and we only stayed for about an hour (maybe), but I went! That's the big thing.

Then Friday I was talking with a friend trying to decide what we should do this weekend and I put it out there that we could have people up to my house for a movie night. So she started to spread the word since I had only 2 peoples' numbers. But by Saturday afternoon it looked like there were only going to be three of us which was fine...but it would be better if there were more. So I texted a couple of non-ward friends to come so we'd at least have 5 people there.

I wasn't expecting much - just a small get together. Boy was I wrong! There ended up being over 15 people from my ward all crammed onto my couch/floor watching Star Trek/talking. We had a blast! There were a bunch of people I'd never met before and some that I'd only met once...so it was fun getting to know people. After the movie everyone just hung around and talked and had fun. People stayed until after 1 am!

But the fun didn't stop there. No sir. Last night the ward had a "game night" (apparently they have them almost every week...but this was the first one I had been invited to). It was fun! We played a little "werewolf" (don't ask) and "what if" and talked and stuff. I got to know some more people and might now be the topic of some ward gossip (but that's a completely different story that will probably never be told on this blog).

Anyway...after I got back from the game night I got on facebook (obviously...it'd been a few hours since I'd been on) and started chatting with from friends. That's when I was called a ward all-star. It made me laugh because I don't think I've EVER been a ward all-star. But I might take that and run. And if this week/weekend weren't so packed, I'd even consider having people over again. Maybe I'll take my turn for game night...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your ward there, though I can't imagine going back to M3W and not seeing you (and just about every one else I know and love from the ward).

Katie said...

Love it! See... our ward has its quirks, but it's really great once you get to know people!