Over a week ago, my friend Katie and I ran our first 5k! It was the Law Day 5K up at the U of U which my work sponsored (so it was free for us!). My goal was to "run" it under 40 minutes (about a 12 min mile, give or take). I really didn't think I would do very well because I was out late the night before and my pre-race diet consisted of ice cream, frozen yogurt, JBC and fries (midnight run to Wendy's).
Katie and I had to be up bright and early so we could be ready to run by 8 am. It was quite chilly, so we were pumped to get started:
Well, we did a lot better than we expected. We crossed the finish line pretty much together - Katie was just a few seconds ahead of me. And we clocked in right around 34 minutes! That's almost a 10 minute mile! I was so proud of us! It was fun, but we were excited to be done:
But now I've found another running partner and we plan on doing at least one more 5k this summer. And now that I've proven myself with a 5k, Kacee wants me to do a 1/2 marathon with her in September. I'll see if I can get myself in enough shape to tackle that one. Who knows. I'll keep you all posted.
5 comments:
you two are so cute. :) way to go!
Look at you dolls. So proud of you. I think I would have petered out 1/4 of the way in.
Why is Katie doing that to her neck?
That is pretty good. I hope I can do that in the same time. Am I your "other" running buddy?
Congrats you two! What a great thing to accomplish. The treats at the end are the best, right?
way to go girl! i'm impressed. I am running a 5k on saturday here in provo and i'm scared. I hope to do as well as you but we'll see. Good job!!! You look great.
Post a Comment