My friend Katie always writes these little notes in her blog. I thought I'd give it a try today...
Dear J,
I hate that I still think about you every day. I hate that every time my phone tells me I have a text there is a split second when I hope that it's from you. I hate that I know you're leaving for California to be with your family tomorrow and that in another life I would be going with you. I hate that from now on, any guy I meet will be compared to you and most won't stack up. I hate that I miss you. I hate not knowing if you miss me too. I hate not seeing you, but dread the day I have to face you in church. Hopefully soon I'll be able to go through one day without thinking about you, then maybe two, then three...until I can finally completely move on.
Dear Mystery Boy,
Thanks for being a distraction for me last week. You had great timing in sending your text. You helped me see that I can and will move on. But....I will never see you again. So thanks for not texting me back. PS - you smell like day old pizza.
Dear Ward Boy,
I'm confused on how I feel about you. I like you. I think you're really cute. I like hanging out with you. I've enjoyed the times we've cuddled. It makes me happy that you like me. You've helped me get over J a lot quicker than I could have ever imagined. You were patient and waited the whole time I was dating J, and I am very flattered by it. I'm kind of sad that you're not going to be in town this weekend. BUT I don't know if I want to DATE you. If we did date, I know it'd just be for fun - and that feels cruel to do to you. I hope you don't mind if I just let this thing we've got going continue for a while longer until I can get my feelings all figured out. I really hope I don't end up hurting you, because if anything, I know we could be great friends.
Dear Work Boys,
Thanks for being my counselors. I've probably told you more about my life than you would EVER want to know. But it's so nice to have a completely non-interested third party to talk to about all the craziness I call my life. I've been lost the past few days with you out of the office...I need male advice. So please come back soon. And leave at least an hour open for our talk.
Dear Future Husband,
I don't know who you are or if you even exist (I hope you do and that you cross my path soon). I just have one thing to say to you... You better be worth all this drama I'm going through now.
Sincerely,
Kristy
No comments:
Post a Comment