Monday, August 15, 2011

It's a Monday...

and I'm paying the price for a fun weekend. Seriously...will I EVER get to sleep before 1am again? I sure hope so. These late nights are KILLING me! And my work habits. I mean...I don't know if I'll actually get one single thing done today at work. I'm THAT tired and THAT unmotivated and THAT easily distracted. Hence I'm blogging :)

So this weekend... it was great! On Friday I went to my very first demolition derby in South Jordan with my friend Steve & his friend Melissa. It was such a great time! I might become a derby junkie. No joke! Here's a few pics from the night:






On Saturday, some friends and I went to the drive in and saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Cowboys & Aliens. These were probably the last two movies on my list of movies I wanted to see, but they weren't as bad as I had expected. I was even pleasantly surprised by the the Planet of the Apes. But it wasn't the movies that made it fun - it was the company. I love the friends I've made in my new ward. We have a great time together! And it didn't hurt that I was doing a little cuddling with my friend Ben during both movies. But don't worry...he doesn't need a "letter" - things are completely platonic with Ben :). Hahaha!

Then last night (Sunday...just in case you forgot how the days of the week go), my family had Thanksgiving dinner! Yum!!! There isn't anything better than a delicious turkey dinner complete with mashed potatoes, veggies & of course amazing desserts. I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that I had to admit were AMAZING! I love my family! It's always so fun when we all get together.

After dinner, I went to my ward's game night. We had a great time. While we were there, this great storm came through, so Brant, Katie & I decided to go up in the mountains and watch it from there. Oh my goodness that was a great decision on our part! The lightning was CRAZY! It just kept going and going and going! From every direction too! I wish I could show you pics of the amazing storm, but alas, I have none. Just know that it was probably one of the best storms I've ever seen. Plus I was in good company :).

So as you can tell, I had a very fun weekend - full of exciting things and no sleep. But it was worth it! Now on to another busy week, full of fun, friends, and family!

No comments: